Originally from Iowa I sought growth and new experiences when moving to Arizona, upon graduating from The University of Iowa. Over the last five years in Arizona, not only have I developed and honed my skills as a photographer and filmmaker, but also as a creative leader. During my four and a half years at StrongMind I've been fortunate enough to grow from a junior level Videographer, to Video & Animation Lead of our incredibly talented creative team. In addition I've sought to broaden the mediums that I work in, as I never want to limit the type of art I create.
Bachelor of Arts, Cinema
- The University of Iowa (2012)
How Writers Write Fiction
- The University of Iowa (2015)
Creative Writing: The Craft of Style
Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot
Creative Writing: The Craft of Setting & Description
Creative Writing: The Craft of Character
- Wesleyan University (2017)
Skill Sets & Proficiencies:
Digital Cinema Cameras
- Blackmagic URSA
- Red EPIC
Awards & Accomplishments:
2016 Rocky Mountain Emmy Awards: Scriptwriting
- Motion: Isaac Newton's First Law
37th Anual Telly Awards:
- Video: Nature/Wildlife - Career Connections: Ecology
- Video: Animation - Figures in History: Abraham Lincoln
- Video: Animation - Retailing
2016 SSIA CODIE AWARDS:
- FlipSwitch SS301 Civics and Government
StrongMind, Chandler, Arizona
Video & Animation Lead - 2015 to Present
Video Lead - 2014 - 2015
Videographer - 2012 - 2014
- Established and now leading a team of highly talented videographers, editors, animators and motion graphics artists in the production of high quality digital curriculum content.
- Developed a production workflow to produce hundreds of videos a year with limited staff.
- Helped foster a culture of creative growth and expansion by encouraging team members to experiment within and outside of their skill-sets.
- Produced and directed multiple television and web campaigns for Primavera Online High School.